6.07.2012

9 to 5

Yesterday marked my first day at a new job, and unlike any other job that I've ever had, this one is 9 to 5 (cue Dolly Parton). It pains me to consider spending my hard earned money on a mediocre lunch so my goal is to pack a lunch and snacks 95% of the time. I'd strive for 100% but a scenario like going out for a bite with a coworker is bound to happen. As you would expect, the food I bring needs to meet certain criteria. Be healthy, easy to enjoy at work, and tasty. I also don't want to pack the same thing every day so time to get creative and plan my workday meals the night before. That really is the secret to successfully packing a lunch and saving your bucks for treats like a much needed (in my case) massage!

What I packed for work:

- Bottled water and 2 packets of earl grey tea (I could use the caffeine boost and since the weather here in NY is chillier than usual it'll be nice to have something warm).

- Cold stir-fry pasta salad. Just some brown rice pasta, mixed frozen vegetables (cooked in some soy sauce, red wine vinegar, chicken broth, and 1 tsp of corn starch to thicken it a little bit), extra virgin olive oil, and pieces of gruyere cheese.
- Walnuts with raisins 
- Cut up gala apple with lemon juice (to prevent browning)


2 comments:

  1. its also really helpful to have "quick-to-grab" items for when you're really in a rush :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. The snacks I show here definitely fall into the "quick-to-grab" group but I'll share some ideas for the main meal when planning the night before isn't possible sometime soon!

      Delete